Thursday, December 25, 2008

Bright and Early Christmas Morning!

Christmas Eve went into the late hours and Christmas morning started in the early hours. As for mom there was no sleep to be had. Warning! Not a good idea. There was a reason to our madness.
The kids and I decided to give Chris and his family a surprise and fly him out to Utah for a few days. We happen to get a great deal on a 7:00 a.m. flight out to Utah, Christmas day. The kids and I were dazzled with the thoughts of surprise Chris's family would have when he showed up at their door. I figured no big deal the kids and I can get up early and have our families little Christmas a few hours earlier.
I don't know where the time went in preparing for Christmas. I was even off to a good start and had our Christmas lights up before Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, it went down hill from there and I ended up wrapping every one's presents Christmas eve night/Christmas morning. I then turned around and woke the family up early so, Chris could share Christmas morning with the family before he left.
Despite the business and lack of preparedness the night before Christmas, I have to admit what an amazing Christmas season we had. I loved celebrating the birth of our Savior and watching our small children grasp the meaning of Christmas. The sweet Christmas songs the children would hum, to the acts of kindness and service. I am so grateful for those with whom I was able to share the sweet and memorable Christmas with.
Elisa digging in her stocking
Surprisingly, the children all went to their stockings first and skipped past there present from Santa.

There is a noise coming from under the tree. Never mind if I squash these other presents, I must find the present that is ringing.

At last Samantha has found the culprit, a phone.

Honestly, I don't think I have seen Samantha this excited! You would have thought she had won the lottery.

She has been asking for a cell phone for the last few years. Her request seemed insane when Chris and I have only had a cell phones for the last 8-9 years. Surprisingly We found ourselves getting to a point where we thought it might be a good idea with all of Sam's extra curricular activities, chorus, art, student body council and swim team. It's given us a little peace of mind to know she can call us if there is a problem.

I love this picture of Chris enjoying Christmas morning and excited to go visit his family out in Utah.

Alex is extremely excited about his brand new toothbrush.

Elisa having fun showing off Daddy's new tie.

Nathan and Caitlin showing their new Christmas tree ornaments. Our family looks forward to Grandma Galloway's ornament tradition each year.


Caitlin showing off the Beautiful Barbie doll that Grammy had custom dressed.

Despite being woken up at 4:30 a.m. Elisa looks like she is loving every second of it.

Elisa is just a few weeks away from graduating from nursery and officially becoming a Sunbeam in the primary. Elisa has watched her older brother and sisters bring their own set of scriptures to church and has felt left out. At last she has joined the ranks of owning her own Book Of Mormon.

The girls have watched me get a few Willow Tree dolls over the last few years. They were excited to get their very own Willow Tree doll.



After the children are done exchanging presents to one and another, I love to watch as they give each other a big hug of Thanks!



More hugs of Thanks!



A present from Bro. Bosch.

Alex was so excited to get a present from his Primary Teacher, Bro. Bosch. You would have thought Alex had grown a foot or two because of it. Of course Alex loved the chocolate Kit Kat and his bright red car. More than that I was touched by the personal and inspiring note Bro. Bosch wrote for Alex.
and more hugs of thanks

Alex trapping his new little robotic bug.

Alex's favorite Super Hero, the Hulk.

Caitlin and her new Pink Flat Iron.



Brotherly love!

Elisa and her newest baby doll and pink shopping cart.

Sweet and Dainty as a FLOWER...



Poor Elisa had to endure her sisters idea of love and spend the next 5-10 minutes unwrapping her present.

Samantha's first time using her phone. I feel so privaged to have been the first one on her list of calls at 5 O'clock in the morning.

No comments: